Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to make an appointment to get my computer serviced?
A: Not at all. Our services are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. When you walk into our store, someone will greet you almost immediately and assist you with whatever issues you are having with your computer.
Q: How fast is your turnaround time?
A: Turnaround time depends on the extensiveness of the issue you are having with your computer. However, most problems are resolved within 24 hours. Often same-day service is provided, depending on how busy we are and what time you bring your computer in for servicing.
Q: What can I expect to pay for my computer repair?
A: We provide a free computer diagnosis. If your computer needs to be repaired, we charge a flat rate for labor of $50, plus the cost of parts. You will be provided with an estimate before any work is done so you will know in advance what you can expect to pay.
Q: Do you also sell computers?
A: Yes, we sell new and refurbished desktops and laptops, as well as computer accessories.
- We offer many different brands and types of personal computers, as well as Mac – Apple models.
- All of our refurbished computers are run through the same quality checklist as a new machine. We refuse to sell any computers that do not pass our very high standards. Most of our refurbished commercial-grade laptops carry a two-year warranty.
Q: My laptop won’t connect to the internet. What should I do?
A: See if you can connect to the internet outside of your home, such as at a restaurant, public library, or coffee shop where free Wi-Fi is offered.
- If your laptop does connect, that means there is an issue with your home connection. To solve this issue, you will need to contact your internet service provider (Cox, Comcast, Verizon, etc.) for assistance.
- If your laptop does not connect at one of those locations, then we suggest you bring it to our store for a free diagnosis to determine what could be causing the issue with your connectivity.
Q: My laptop stopped turning on, what can I do?
A: If your battery is removable, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the charger/power cable (if plugged in)
- Disconnect the battery
- Hold down the power button for 30 seconds
- Reconnect the battery
- Reconnect the charger
- Push power button
- If it does not turn on after these steps, then you may want to bring your computer to our store for a free diagnosis.
If your battery is not removable, bring the computer to our store for a free diagnosis.
Q: A phone number popped up on my computer telling me to call to fix or unlock my computer. The person on the other end of the line said I had to pay money to be able to continue using my computer. What should I do?
A: If you already paid the money:
- Immediately call your bank or credit card company to cancel the payment.
- Bring your computer to our store for a free assessment so we can examine the damage done and discuss what steps are required to fix it.
If you did not pay the money, we recommend bringing the computer to our store for a no-obligation diagnosis so we can check it to make sure no damage was done.
Q: Should I upgrade to Windows 10?
A: Yes. We recommend upgrading your computer to the latest version of Windows 10. It is a much faster and more secure operating system with greater functionality.
- If you have a Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 operating system, bring your computer to our store and discuss the upgrade with our technicians.
- If you have a computer with Windows XP or Windows Vista, note that these operating systems are no longer supported by Microsoft. That means we are not able to work on them unless they are upgraded. In some circumstances, it may be in your best interest monetarily to replace your old computer if it is running Windows XP or Windows Vista. We will discuss your options when you come to the store so you can make an informed choice.